This bilingual workshop uses an interactive and hands on approach to introduce the theoretical and pedagogical foundations of the WIDA Spanish Language Development Framework. Participants will reflect on current practice to determine ways to apply the WIDA Standards and related tools, such as Las definiciones de desempeño, to inform instruction and assessment.
This workshop is designed for Spanish/English bilingual K-12 educators, administrators and support staff with little or no experience using the WIDA Spanish Language Development (SLD) Standards.
- Explore multilingual students’ language use and the demands present in language use within academic contexts
- Identify components of the WIDA standards for Spanish language development
- Connect and apply the components of the framework to the teaching and learning context.
- Multilingual Students
- Language Use within the Academic Setting
- Guiding Principles of Language Development and the Can Do Philosophy
- Tools and Resources Application