This training is designed for Test Administrators and District Test Coordinators of WIDA Screener Online in grades 1-12.
During this training, participants will work collaboratively to strengthen their understanding of the administration of WIDA Screener Online. This includes learning to administer the online assessment to students. Particular attention will be given to developing inter-rater reliability when scoring the speaking and writing domains. Participants will utilize a multitude of practice items to be scored with the scoring scales.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and background of the WIDA Screener
- Identify the connection between the ELD Framework and Screener scoring scales
- Use the scoring scales to score speaking samples
- Use the scoring scales to score writing samples
- Examine the online administration procedures for Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing
- Discover the available accommodations on Screener
- Locate Screener-specific WIDA AMS functions and supports
- Explore the logistics for preparing to administer
- Purpose of WIDA Screener
- Identify connection to scoring Scales
- Speaking scoring
- Writing scoring
- Locate WIDA AMS functions
- Preparation logistics
Interested in bringing this workshop to your school or district?Contact us
for prices and scheduling.