Differentiation for Linguistically Diverse Students is offered in a webinar version as well as a 1 and 2-day, in-person workshop.
This workshop is designed for general classroom teachers and English language specialists who share instructional responsibility for language learners. No experience in using the WIDA Standards Framework is needed for this workshop.
English language learners need instruction that is differentiated to meet the needs unique to learning an additional language and grade-appropriate content. Participants will approach the idea of differentiation of language from an asset-based perspective, recognizing that language learners bring many contributions to the school community.
During this webinar, participants will:
- Describe how content, product, process, and environment are taken into account for language differentiation. (We do address distance learning in this area)
- Identify student language differentiation needs and supports based on proficiency levels
- Describe the pathways for language differentiation. (Academic Language)
- Describe how scaffolds and supports engage language learners at various levels in the language of a lesson.
- Apply strategies to balance domains.
Interested in bringing this workshop to your school or district?Contact us
for prices and scheduling.