This workshop is designed for School Principals and Administrators who are responsible for school-level policies, leading school improvement planning and data analysis processes, and making decisions about programs and professional development. No experience in using the WIDA Standards Framework is needed for this workshop.
Educational leaders are key to improving academic language development and academic achievement for multilingual learners. The purpose of this workshop is for school leaders to reflect on their school’s policies and systems in order to craft a personal leadership action plan that promotes equitable educational opportunities for multilingual learners. Specific topics addressed will include policy, instructional leadership, collaborative relationships between students, teachers, families, and data teams that are necessary for language learners to thrive. Participants will engage in interactive tasks related to equitable instruction for multilingual learners, discussions and reflections, video analysis, and action planning.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe how school language policies are used to reinforce current school improvement processes.
- Identify some characteristics of culturally and linguistically appropriate instruction for multilingual learners.
- Analyze their collaborative structures and language service programs.
- Identify characteristics and practices of authentic and culturally responsive leadership.
- Describe principles of data literacy to support equitable practices.
- Welcome & Ensuring a Community of Collaboration & Inquiry
- School Language Policy & Improvement
- Equity-Focused Instructional Leadership Opportunity to Learn for Language Learners
- Engaging Students in Collaborative Learning
- Building Capacity for Collaborative Teaching & Learning using the WIDA Standards Framework (Integrating Language &Content Learning)
- Systematic Teacher Collaboration
- Collaboration within a Variety of Program Models
- Family Partnerships
- Data Literacy
- Leadership Action Planning
Interested in bringing this workshop to your school or district?Contact us
for prices and scheduling.